Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


I used to like memorial day when the dying was in the past. I used to drive my horse and buggy in the Panama Parade and feel happy but I don't feel like parades as long as there are Americans in harms way fighting for nothing in the hot desert sun. It's a somber day for me now. I thought the Vietnam war had taught us to be just and to be kind but I was wrong. I am not sure it will ever be a happy day again it will always be weighted down with what has transpired since 9/11.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.