Wednesday, May 27, 2009
I am glad Prop 8 was upheld in California
I am glad Prop 8 was upheld in California. If Gay activists want some form of civil union like they have in the UK I am OK with that. I have many Gay friends but I do not think we should change the very institution our society is built upon on such a pretense as the need for equal protection for Gay couples to receive social benefits or the right to visit ones companion in the hospital. These are separate issues unrelated to marriage. Marriage is the union of a man and women. Around the world for thousands and thousands of years marriage has always been about protecting the children and providing a safe atmosphere to rear children and protect women when they are preoccupied by small children and pregnant. A man and a women join to become a unit and that is what marriage is. All this hoopla about the right to marry who you please is just a crock of selfish garbage. Gay people deserve the benefits of the state and society concerning inheritance and visiting rights in the hospital but they do not need the protection of marriage. We have become so spoiled and arrogant in the West we have thrown away our neighborhoods and our extended families and our sense of social sacrifice and duty. Do we now want to hold marriage under water until it too is dead? I am not making any moral judgment on Homosexual behavior, however marriage is not something that is for everyone nor has it ever been for everyone. If you don't like what marriage is don't wed. Be happy you made the right choice for you don't try to force the whole world to redefine what marriage is to suit your need for security and acceptance. Marriage is not a shield or a trophy, its a commitment for life. It should never be entered into lightly.
- ► 2010 (48)
- Somedays I feel like I am holding a cat and pig w...
- Susan Boyle you are still Number #1 with me!
- Latin Hymn for Pentecost, 13th century
- O God the Holy Ghost
- Edwin Starr - War
- Donkey in Burgandy, France!
- Summer is almost here!
- Pre-College Remedial Classes
- I am glad Prop 8 was upheld in California
- Sotomayor is Obama's choice for Supreme Court seat...
- An Insult to Service
- Will Ye Go Flanders
- WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE
- Memorial Day 2009
- My horse made and ass out of me today.
- Tomorrow the horse dentist comes
- I admire John Frederick Herring in bed.
- Black clergy opposing gay marriage resent civil ri...
- Preakness Winner: A Star Is Born
- Skewball the Racehorse
- Rachel Alexandra wins the Preakness
- John Frederick Herring
- John Frederick Herring does Equines!!!
- 2009 The Preakness Stakes Runs Today
- Working horses of Old England
- Plowing Time
- Foal Born on Sunday, Mother's Day!
- Foal Born Last Sunday
- Nikolai V. Gogol, Steeds
- Happy Birthday Jim!
- Family Values
- Jesus is the Prince of Peace not the God of War!
- Why We Can Never Do Enough for Mother's Day (No Re...
- Some Lessons, and Concerns
- Officials Are Urged to Heed Lessons of 1976 Flu Ou...
- Nice going, mom! Right whales break birth record!
- Curls Before Swine!
- The Taliban, America's Child
- This is very very disturbing!
- Premonitions and Spirtuality
- Man Serious Threat to Pig Safety
- Morris Dancing for May Day!
- Song On May Morning
- Cold Pork
- PIG FLU UPDATE: MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT FACTORY FARMS...
- Happy May Day!
- George Morland, Another nice donkey painting!
- ▼ May (48)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.