Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Maundy Thursday (also known as Holy Thursday or Great and Holy Thursday), is the Christian feast or holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter that commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles. It is the fifth day of Holy Week, and is preceded by Holy Wednesday and followed by Good Friday. In 2009, Maundy Thursday will occur on April 9 in most Christian traditions.
On this day four events are commemorated: the washing of the Disciples' Feet by Jesus Christ, the institution of the Mystery of the Holy Eucharist at the Last Supper, the agony of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane, and the betrayal of Christ by Judas Iscariot.
- ► 2010 (48)
- Donkey and Pigs by George Morland
- More Pigs painted by Morland
- George Morland
- Edgar Hunt also Painted Pigs
- How life should be
- COULD IT BE FACTORY FARM FLU?
- Resources to combat swine flu hysteria
- Edgar Hunt, English Painter
- William Adolphe Bouguereau - Donkey Ride
- Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes
- Erskine Nicol RSA ARA (1825-1904)
- Donkey Clock
- A Christian Mistake , a really big one....
- Hoofprint to History
- William Holman Hunt
- The Light of the World
- Thus ends my Blogging of Lent 2009!
- The Incredulity of Saint Thomas
- Happy Easter!
- Christ and the Disciples at Emmaus
- The Morning of the Resurrection
- An Easter Carol
- EASTER EVEN
- An Easter Poem
- Antonio Ciseri
- John 19:38-42
- Holy Saturday
- They Laid him in the Tomb
- I know my Redeemer lives
- Jesus Wept - by Ralph McTell
- Good Friday
- The most moving of Portraits of Christ
- Still More Tissot, 'Jesus Is Flogged in the Face
- Christ of St John of the Cross
- Trebon Altarpiece, circa 1380
- Last Supper window St. Giles Cathedral, Edinburgh
- Last Supper, Salvador Dalí. (Spanish, 1904-1989)
- Noel Paton
- Jesus At Bethany by Tissot
- Jesus Washing Peter's Feet. by Ford Madox Brown
- Last Supper by James Tissot
- Maundy Thursday
- Fresco of Judas and Jesus by Cimabue or Torriti?
- 2009 Passover begins
- Tissot Kiss of Judas
- Matthew 26:1-5, 14-25, & More Art Related to the B...
- John 13:21-35 & The Kiss of Judas in art
- The Accursed Fig Tree (Le figuier maudit)
- Matthew 21:18-19 Jesus Curses the Fig Tree
- Them that Sold and Bought from the Temple
- Mark 11:15-19
- Stained Glass , Mary Washes the Feet of Christ
- Mark 14:3-9 & William Hole the artist
- John 12:1-11 and more Tissot
- More from Tissot
- Italian Palm Sunday Painting
- This is a really good video, please watch?
- A Joyous Palm Sunday to You All!
- The Cathedral of Seville
- Illuminated Manuscripts of Christ
- Entrance into Jerusalem Icon
- Orthodox Icon of Christ
- And now a look to the East...
- James Tissot (1836-1902 French)
- Tomorrow is Palm Sunday
- The Legend of the Donkey's Cross
- Triumphal Entry Carving from Notre Dame Cathedral
- ▼ April (68)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.