Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fresco of Judas and Jesus by Cimabue or Torriti?


(b. ca. 1240, Firenze, d. ca. 1302, Firenze)
Several frescoes in the upper church of San Francesco are attributed to Cimabue. The attribution of this fresco, located on the left wall of the church, is doubtful. Traditionally it was attributed to Cavallini. Other assumptions are that it was executed under the supervision of Cimabue, or it is the work of an unknown master strongly influenced by Cimabue, Cavallini and Torriti.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.