Saturday, June 6, 2009
Highland Show to have royal visit
The Queen was last at the Royal Highland Show 25 years ago
The Queen is to officially visit the UK's largest agricultural show for the first time since 1984.
As patron of the Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS), she will visit The Royal Highland Show on Thursday, 24 June.
She is due to be accompanied by her daughter Princess Anne to mark the 225th anniversary of the event.
Princess Alexandra is also due to attend the Ingliston Show, which runs until Sunday 28 June.
The Queen was last at the show when it celebrated its 200th anniversary.
Ray Jones, RHASS chief executive, said: "We are delighted to welcome The Queen as our Patron in our 225th year and our other Royal visitors.
"The Royal family have been strong supporters of the society and its activities over the years and we look forward to pointing out some of the show highlights."
The Queen's father King George VI bestowed the title "Royal" on the show at the Inverness event in 1948, in the days when the event moved around Scotland each year before settling at its current home in 1960.
I spent two days at the Royal Highland Show in 2005. I would love to be there this year. What a wonderful event this is. I feel very lucky I could take in the show.
Thursday 25th June until Sunday 28th June, 2009.
- ► 2010 (48)
- Study: Mainline Clergy OK with Gay Rights, Cautiou...
- My Newest Video
- Peanut butter 'wards off heart disease', say scien...
- For ‘Modern Gals,’ Religion as Off-the-Rack Therap...
- Seal it with a Kiss!
- Herbert William Weekes
- Report: Gay bias killings highest since 1999
- William Luker
- Donkeys were a favorite subject of Edgar Hunt
- Yet another Donkey and Pony by Hunt
- Another Edgar Hunt Donkeys with Pony
- Fox steals more than 100 shoes
- True Love
- I like this post from Huffington Post
- Eminent Danger
- Museum shooting suspect is supremacist
- Loss of experience of community
- Gay activists are wasting all their political capi...
- President Barack Obama & First Lady Michelle
- Glowing tartan for common riding
- The Shetland Pony
- The Eriskay Pony
- The Royal Highland Show is a Treat!
- Highland Show to have royal visit
- How words can last a lifetime
- ▼ June (25)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.