Saturday, June 13, 2009
Fox steals more than 100 shoes
BERLIN (Reuters) – A fox has been unmasked as the mystery thief of more than 100 shoes in the small western German town of Foehren, authorities said Friday.
A forest worker stumbled upon shoes strewn near the fox's den and found a trove of footwear down the hole which had recently been stolen overnight from outside locals' front doors.
"There was everything from ladies' shoes to trainers," said a local police spokesman. "We've found between 110 and 120 so far. It seems a vixen stole them for her cubs to play with."
Although many were missing laces, the shoes were in good condition and their owners were delighted to reclaim them, he said, adding that no reprisals were planned against the culprit.
(Reporting by Dave Graham; editing by Philippa Fletcher)
- ► 2010 (48)
- Study: Mainline Clergy OK with Gay Rights, Cautiou...
- My Newest Video
- Peanut butter 'wards off heart disease', say scien...
- For ‘Modern Gals,’ Religion as Off-the-Rack Therap...
- Seal it with a Kiss!
- Herbert William Weekes
- Report: Gay bias killings highest since 1999
- William Luker
- Donkeys were a favorite subject of Edgar Hunt
- Yet another Donkey and Pony by Hunt
- Another Edgar Hunt Donkeys with Pony
- Fox steals more than 100 shoes
- True Love
- I like this post from Huffington Post
- Eminent Danger
- Museum shooting suspect is supremacist
- Loss of experience of community
- Gay activists are wasting all their political capi...
- President Barack Obama & First Lady Michelle
- Glowing tartan for common riding
- The Shetland Pony
- The Eriskay Pony
- The Royal Highland Show is a Treat!
- Highland Show to have royal visit
- How words can last a lifetime
- ▼ June (25)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.