Wednesday, August 26, 2009
REGULAR MARIJUANA USAGE ROBS MEN OF SEXUAL HIGHS
New Scientist - Stoners may be trading sexual highs for the chemical kind. Males who smoke marijuana daily are four times more likely to have trouble reaching orgasm than men who don't inhale, finds a new study of 8,656 Aussies. Other smokers had the opposite problem, experiencing premature ejaculation at nearly three times the rate of non-smokers, find a team led by Marian Pitts at La Trobe University in Melbourne.. . . Even though many male smokers experienced sexual problems, they reported more partners than non-smokers. Marijuana users were twice as likely to have had two or more sex partners in the previous year than men who didn't smoke pot. Pitts' team found an even stronger trend for increased sexual activity among female smokers, who were also seven times more likely to have been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection in the last year than non-smokers. However, female smokers had no more problems in the bedroom than abstainers, Pitts' team found.
This is very interesting it seems like its just like drugs like Paxil and other elective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). These medicines are thought to work by increasing the activity of the chemical serotonin in the brain.! They too cause sexual side effects not unlike those mentioned from smoking weed
- ► 2010 (48)
- LOCAL HEROES: NEW ZEALAND SCHOOL GIRLS BLOW FOOD C...
- Cellphones Cause Brain Tumors, Higher Risk In Chil...
- Sixty percent of adults can't drink milk
- Haflinger Horses always a Hit!
- Iraqi journalist who hurled shoe at Bush gets earl...
- Horse dies, France faces reality of toxic beaches
- The "real" Ted Kennedy was a mixed bag
- SPCA exec's dog dies after being left in hot car
- REGULAR MARIJUANA USAGE ROBS MEN OF SEXUAL HIGHS
- A Sad Day for America
- Women who take risks...
- Wonderful Pigs at the Crawford County Fair
- Drinkers 'ignorant of sleep woes'
- The Uninsured
- One more for the road, Donkey Train
- Another Donkey at work in Afghanistan
- More Donkey at work in Afghanistan
- States With Most Uninsured Most Likely To Believe ...
- Average video gamer is 35, fat and depressed
- Study Weighs Risks of Vaccine for Cervical Cancer
- Unlikely Foods Pack Antioxidant Punch
- 3,100 burros have been hired to carry the poll mat...
- Can your flip-flops kill you?
- 2008 Law Leading to Crackdown on Pennsylvania Pupp...
- Those Hamiltons and Jacksons Carry Some Cocaine!!!...
- Video of a Mini-Donkey Giving Birth
- I still love this add!
- I Say Spend. You Say No. We’re in Love.
- Tributes paid after Scots gem expert is murdered
- How Sad this piece makes me feel about my generati...
- Shock, personal data can be easily obtained!
- Boom in gay marriages starts to fade as civil part...
- Seattle bank teller chases robber, loses job
- An Amazing Story of a Girl and Her Pigs!
- ▼ August (34)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.