Monday, August 31, 2009

LOCAL HEROES: NEW ZEALAND SCHOOL GIRLS BLOW FOOD CORP'S COVER

Guardian - Two New Zealand schoolgirls humbled one of the world's biggest food and drugs companies after their school science experiment found that their ready-to-drink Ribena contained almost no trace of vitamin C. Students Anna Devathasan and Jenny Suo tested the blackcurrant cordial against rival brands to test their hypothesis that cheaper brands were less healthy. Instead, their tests found that the Ribena contained a tiny amount of vitamin C, while another brand's orange juice drink contained almost four times more. . . GSK is in court in Auckland today facing 15 charges relating to misleading advertising, risking fines of up to L1.1m. In Australia, GSK has admitted that its claims about Ribena may have misled consumers.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.