Monday, August 31, 2009
LOCAL HEROES: NEW ZEALAND SCHOOL GIRLS BLOW FOOD CORP'S COVER
Guardian - Two New Zealand schoolgirls humbled one of the world's biggest food and drugs companies after their school science experiment found that their ready-to-drink Ribena contained almost no trace of vitamin C. Students Anna Devathasan and Jenny Suo tested the blackcurrant cordial against rival brands to test their hypothesis that cheaper brands were less healthy. Instead, their tests found that the Ribena contained a tiny amount of vitamin C, while another brand's orange juice drink contained almost four times more. . . GSK is in court in Auckland today facing 15 charges relating to misleading advertising, risking fines of up to L1.1m. In Australia, GSK has admitted that its claims about Ribena may have misled consumers.
- ► 2010 (48)
- LOCAL HEROES: NEW ZEALAND SCHOOL GIRLS BLOW FOOD C...
- Cellphones Cause Brain Tumors, Higher Risk In Chil...
- Sixty percent of adults can't drink milk
- Haflinger Horses always a Hit!
- Iraqi journalist who hurled shoe at Bush gets earl...
- Horse dies, France faces reality of toxic beaches
- The "real" Ted Kennedy was a mixed bag
- SPCA exec's dog dies after being left in hot car
- REGULAR MARIJUANA USAGE ROBS MEN OF SEXUAL HIGHS
- A Sad Day for America
- Women who take risks...
- Wonderful Pigs at the Crawford County Fair
- Drinkers 'ignorant of sleep woes'
- The Uninsured
- One more for the road, Donkey Train
- Another Donkey at work in Afghanistan
- More Donkey at work in Afghanistan
- States With Most Uninsured Most Likely To Believe ...
- Average video gamer is 35, fat and depressed
- Study Weighs Risks of Vaccine for Cervical Cancer
- Unlikely Foods Pack Antioxidant Punch
- 3,100 burros have been hired to carry the poll mat...
- Can your flip-flops kill you?
- 2008 Law Leading to Crackdown on Pennsylvania Pupp...
- Those Hamiltons and Jacksons Carry Some Cocaine!!!...
- Video of a Mini-Donkey Giving Birth
- I still love this add!
- I Say Spend. You Say No. We’re in Love.
- Tributes paid after Scots gem expert is murdered
- How Sad this piece makes me feel about my generati...
- Shock, personal data can be easily obtained!
- Boom in gay marriages starts to fade as civil part...
- Seattle bank teller chases robber, loses job
- An Amazing Story of a Girl and Her Pigs!
- ▼ August (34)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.