Sunday, December 21, 2008
The Legend of the Donkey's Bray
After hiding in Egypt for some years, Joseph decided to move his family back to Nazareth. During the night they camped along the side of the road. One night while they slept, their donkey heard the soldiers' horses coming from afar. Afraid that the soldiers were coming to kill Jesus, the donkey neighed to wake Joseph. He neighed and neighed, again and again, but his voice was just too soft to wake the sleepers. Finally, as the soldiers approached, the donkey prayed for a loud voice to wake the family. When he neighed again, he was rewarded with the loud bray such as donkeys have had ever since.
- ► 2010 (48)
- ► 2009 (263)
- Happy New Year!
- Santa Haulin Ass!
- Christ Child with Saint Nick on Donkey.
- More From My Saint Nick and Donkey Collection!
- GEORGE MORLAND
- Merry Christmas to You All!
- German Chocolate Mold!
- The Saint and His wee Donkey
- Donkey and Sleigh!
- Saint Nick in regalia!
- Santa astride his Donkey.
- More from my Christmas collection of Donkey Art.
- The donkey in Christmas!
- Jolly Saint Nick and his Faithful Donkey!
- The real Saint Nick walks with his Donkey!
- Palin is so clueless!
- No Reindeer!
- Carol of the Friendly Beasts
- On the Way To Market by Thomas Smythe
- This is one of my very favorites by Hans Thoma!
- Flight to Egypt
- The Legend of the Donkey's Bray
- Nearly freezin my ass off in NY
- ▼ December (23)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.