Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Stones Cried Out


 

The Stones Cried Out

I heard the stones cry out today
While rushing in the street
To do the Easter shopping
Of eggs and buns and meat.

Faint was the sound there in the road,
Quite still, I had to stand.
Through noisy cars and bustleing crowds
I heard the stones’demand.

T’was then I saw the traffic stop.
The drivers hurl abuse,
For though they wished to rush on
They found it was no use.

Picking through the traffic came,
A donkey, young and keen;
Wanting to please his rider,
It made the strangest scene.

I grabbed a branch from off a tree
And rushed out in the street;
I could not let the stones alone
Praise the Prince of Peace!


http://www.livingrural.net/easter-poem/

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.