Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Happy May Day Tomorrow!
The Chimney-Sweepers: A Town Eclogue
Last May-day as I skipp'd the garland round,
Cheer'd by the merry hurdy-gurdy's sound,
I look'd, methought, with an unusual grace,
For Moll herself had wash'd and chalk'd my face.
That happy day I never shall forget
The jack-ass that I rode did so curvet,
He brayed for joy - say cou'd the beast do less?
The knots on his rump were tied by Bess.
- ► 2010 (48)
- ► 2009 (263)
- The May Pole
- Soon the apple will bloom!
- May Day or Beltane
- Happy May Day Tomorrow!
- Orthodox Easter
- Shaggy donkey
- This ass has class....
- 'Donkey song' causes divorce at Syrian wedding rec...
- Billy Bagpipes
- Tingalayo, a Caribbean children’s song
- Spring is busting out all over!
- TO JOHN KEATS, POET, AT SPRING TIME
- And Suddenly Spring, a poem.
- ▼ April (13)
- I grew up in Chautauqua County, NY. I graduated from Edinboro University of Pennyslvania in 1981 with a BFA in Jewelry and Metalworking. I have been married 31 years. I currently run a small business with my husband. We both enjoy the outdoors and animals a great deal and live on a tiny farm in Western, NY.